- 0-3 months baby feeding：
Because the organ function of newborn babies is not yet fully developed, the ability to digest and absorb is also weak, so parents should pay special attention to feeding newborn babies.
Newborns recommend breastfeeding, breast milk is rich in nutrients, it can enhance children’s resistance, and it is important for baby growth and development. Breastfeeding is fed by the need of the infant and does not require regular quantitative feeding. Breastfeeding does not require water.
Mixed feeding and artificial feeding, choose formula milk powder, milk powder should be prepared according to the proportion, milk powder can’t be too thick or too thin. Note that the bottle should be disinfected in time. The baby is not finished once and should not be left for the next time for milk .
- Newborns can’t easily change the brand of milk powder. The formula of each brand of milk powder is different.The newborns digestive system is still not perfect, and changing the milk powder will cause the baby to adapt.
- Make sure your newborn baby has 20 hours of sleep every day.
- Take vitamin D after 14 days of birth.
- When feeding milk, pay attention to water temperature and prevent burns.
- 0-3 month baby’s body development
Physiological index: At three months, the baby boy weighed 4.1 to 7.7 kg, and the length was 55.8 to 66.4 cm; the baby girl was 3.9 to 7.0 cm and the length was 54.6 to 64.5 cm.
Sleep index: Sufficient sleep is one of the prerequisites for the health of newborns and infants. The younger the age, the longer the sleep time, and the baby can sleep for about 20 hours every day within a few days after birth. In addition to eating milk, crying, and defecation, it is basically in a sleep state.
Physical fitness index: In the first few months, the neck muscles became stronger. At first, the baby can only lift his head for a few seconds. The muscles increase each time when the head is raised. By 3 months of age, babies can lift their heads and support their forearms. At this stage, arm and hand movements develop rapidly. Once a clenched fist, now an open hand grabs and hits the object. Infants perceive their hands by placing them in front of their faces and putting them in the mouth. By the end of this period, most babies have reached the following milestones:
- Support the head and upper body, stretch the legs and kick
- Turn hands on and off , pull it into your mouth
- Grab and shake the toy and wave on the shaking object
- Follow the eye to move the object and turn your head to face the stimulus
- 0-3 month brain development:
During this period, the baby’s hearing development is fully mature, he will pay close attention to human voices and will be sensitive to noise. At this age, the child not only has better hearing, but also remembers some of the sounds he hears. He turns his head to familiar voices and language.
Slowly the baby will “see” the object, starting with a short time to stare, even without a focal length, and will not move with the object, the time of blinking will gradually become longer and Will widen eyes. The eyes will become more sensitive and will move with the object.
He is also very sensitive to taste and smell. I like the sweet taste and avoid the bitter or sour smell. He can recognize mother’s milk smell on the weekend of the first week. Babies are also very sensitive to the way that others touch and wrap, prefer a soft rather than rough feeling, don’t like rude feelings. Understand your temper and feelings through your touch before he can understand what you are saying.
What parents can do?
Here are some very simple things you can do with your baby around this time to help her development：
- Respond to crying: Sometimes babies will cry because something is making them uncomfortable. for example, their nappy is wet , or they’re hungry, or the light is too bright. When you respond to these things, you make your baby feel more comfortable and safe. Cuddle and kiss your baby. This help you baby learn to trust you and rely on you. Even when you don’t know why they are crying , it’s important to comfort your baby during this time. Get to know you baby’s cries. Picking them up , cuddle them , or talk to them in a smoothing voice. Look at your baby’s face while he or she looks at you.
- Play together:the best toy for your baby is you. Playing with you help your newborn to feel love and secure, and feeling loved and secure helps them develop and learn. Talking and reading to your baby, singing songs like “Twinkle twinkle little star” or other songs you know or playing games are just some of the many ways you can play with your newborn . For older babies, offer a variety of toys, one at a time. Let your baby copy you, and place him in different positions on the floor. So, he can explore in different ways.
- Smile at your baby. when your baby sees you smile, it releases chemicals in their body that make them feel good . It also helps their brain grow. Smiling plays a part in the connecting and attachment processes.It helps your baby feel secure and safe,and learn about the world .
- Tummy time: spending some time playing on their tummy each day builds your baby’shead, neck and upper body
strength. They need this strength for lifting their head and for movements they will do later on,like crawling and
pulling up to stand.
- Baby massage: baby massage is a great way to connect with baby. It can also be relaxing and smoothing if your newborn is cranky. Try it in a warm room after baby has had his bath .